Happy Thursday friends!
Butternut squash is a winter squash that is a good source of vitamin A, C and E. It is high in antioxidants, it can boost up your immune system and reduce inflammation, and it has more potassium than bananas.
One of the recipes that I tried was: Burrito Butternut Squash Boats inspired by Delish. I tweaked the recipe slightly to make it more macro friendly.
This can be a meal or a snack depending on how much you make.
- 2 small halves of butternut squash (the boat)
- 500g ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of red curry paste
- 200g of black lentils
- 50g reserved butternut squash
- 230g enchilada sauce
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 20g of cheese (per serving)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
If you don’t have an oven like me, use the microwave to soften the boats
- Preheat oven to 425°. On two large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle squash halves all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until almost tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then scoop out squash, leaving a 1/2″ border around edges and saving the insides for filling.
- In a pot or pan, heat up oil. Add onion and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and add seasonings of your choice.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, reserved butternut squash, black lentils.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Fill boats with burrito filling. Add cherry tomatoes and cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Add fresh coriander for decoration.
Macros: 50C/8F/14P per serving
Until next time,